June 09, 2003

hey, i juz watched Deep Impact, the movie, over channel 5. Tear jerker!!! watched it for 3rd time, never not cried.

First time was with Apple. It was after our exams, we went to the movies. Cried like noone's business then. That time, Armageddon was showing at around the same time as Deep Impact. Most of my friends ended up watching Armageddon and gave Deep Impact a miss. I did the opposite. In the end, i did watch Armageddon, but only on TV. Nope, din shed any tear. Was upset but not to that extent. But, Deep Impact, ahhh, that's a real tear jerker!

But, ooh, how nice to cry! I believe that people, everyone, needs to cry every once in awhile. "Tears are saltish,because they are supposed to heal" - that's what Lydia told me some 2 years ago when I was undergoing some really bad patch in my life. And yes, it does feel good crying sometimes. At the minimum, it lets me get in touch with my inner fears and insecurities, my inner emotional needs, often suppressed by sensibility and the need to stay composed.

I used to cry a lot, though. For reasons that seem all too unimportant now. Then, tears always were a result of hurt and pain and disappointments. Crying was tiring. Today, tears feel like a refreshing wash that I actually yearn for from time to time. Weird? Not at all! I've never despise people, men included, who cry. Truth be told, unless you are the whining sort, it actually does take some courage to cry.

Now, back to the movie, maybe I should get the VCD....

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 22:26